Now, you might think that this period of life would be like 'dusk'..just before dark what with us leaving the Army/officership. There are some moments it feels like that. There are memories that produce tears and sorrow. Only last week I had a morning where I woke up in floods of tears. Yet, in spite of that, God is in the business of turning that mourning into dancing. One of the verses of scripture that has been encouraging me is the verse that says 'sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes with the morning.' Boy, is that a promise and a half!
There has been so much recently that has proven to me, the biggest doubter, that this is not dusk as far as God is concerned. It's just the next day. After the last few months of 'night' the dimness of light at the moment isn't it getting darker still, its getting brighter. It has just been so amazing to watch God's unfolding wisdom, foresight and blessing unfold as we start to see the path before us. He has prepared a path that may not necessarily be the one we dreamt of in the night, or even squinted at through sunset but his plan and revelation has been perfect.
You know, that sounds like a lot of code. Its not meant to be all mystical. But I do have to say, what with having been presented with a fair few opportunities to grow bitter, I'm actively refusing to be bitter by the help of Holy Spirit. The honesty of all this is that God is answering my prayers. I spent 3 years at Pill Corps praying and singing that God would send a revival and that he would start with me. I've prayed that he would break me, melt me, mould me, fill me and he has and is doing. In 15 years of following Jesus, he's been so faithful in leading me on, deeper and deeper. It is for that reason I can, at this time, sit quietly and simply trust him for even the smallest need.
We do value your prayers for us at this time. So many people have been faithful in that way. Here are a few ways that you can still be praying for us:
- for some part-time work for Tracy in Newcastle which will help us financially
- today we placed a holding fee on a rental property and we're praying that goes through smoothly
- we could do with some form of transport
- for that new community which we will be living in, that God would be preparing hearts
- for the children's schooling, we need to find places for them
- for all the difficult farewells still to come here in Aberdeen and in the Army
- for Tracy's health...she is experiencing some really bad toothache at the moment which is proving difficult to resolve. She is also awaiting tests back from the hospital with regards ongoing thyroid irregularities.
- for the children as we try to prepare them for a new stage of life (Geordie accent too!)
Thank you for praying with us and for us.