I found these on Shane Claiborne's facebook page and decided I liked them so much that I'd adopt them my self.
12. Do something really nice – that no one knows about.
Spend more money on other people than I spend on my self. Love my
neighbor as I love myself. And love myself as I love my neighbor.
10. Laugh often… especially at advertisements that try to convince me that I must buy more stuff in order to be happy.
9. Learn a new life skill – like carpentry, pottery, or canning vegetables. Teach someone else I life skill I know how to do.
8. Love a few people well, remembering that what is important is not how much we do but how much love we put into doing it.
7. Write a letter to someone I need to say thank you to. Write another letter to someone I need to ask to forgive me.
6. Track down a critic or someone I disagree with and take them to lunch. Listen to them.
5. Compliment someone I have a hard time complimenting… and mean it.
life. Do something regularly to interrupt the patterns of death – do
something to end violence, bullying, war, capital punishment and other
mean and ugly things.
3. Pause before every potential crisis and ask “will this matter in 5 years?”
outside often and marvel at things like fireflies and shooting
stars. And regularly get my hands into the garden… so when I type on
the computer I can see dirt under my fingernails.
1. Believe in miracles. And live in a way that might necessitate one.